Native Notes archiving has advantages - it's easy to manage via Policies, it moves a lot of data quickly, and it's free.
What it isn't so good at is providing tools, such as letting users find and use their archived data, or reporting what's actually happening.
To improve this, the IONET Archiver for Notes now optionally adds our toolkit to the native archiving process, giving you a better archiving solution.
What you get from Native Notes Archiving;
What you can now add with the IONET Native Archiving Toolkit;
- Fast, large-scale moving of data.
- Easy management via Archiving Policies.
- Support by IBM.
What you miss out on by not using our full Archiving Solution;
Simultaneous Searching across ALL Mail & Archive Databases via Notes, iNotes (including Mobile) or Browser, making it easy for users to find and use their data, regardless of its location.
For example, users could search across 5 archives for all mail they sent to acme.com in the last 10 years, then copy selected results to another database.
Discovery Search across all Mail & Archives, for Admins, Power Users, Legal Departments etc. In this case any user with sufficient access could quickly find all mail sent from your organisation to acme.com in the last 10 years, then export results to PDF.
The ability to natively archive Mail-In Databases, which is not normally possible.
User Functionality like 'Archive Selected Documents', 'Restore Documents', and 'Open Archives'. You choose what options to deploy.
Reporting and Charting of Archiving performance, e.g. the Volume of data archived, Number of documents archived, Archive Database sizes, ratio of Archive to Production sizes etc.
Tools to migrate local User Archives to a server-based system for backups and disaster recovery.
Administration Tools such as ACL Synchronisation, restricting access to Archive Databases (to preserve data integrity), Archive Database naming, Archive Database moving etc.
- Up to 10 Archiving Criteria, including folders, dates, document size, and @formulas.
- Intelligent Quotas, e.g. gradually reducing databases sizes to the defined limit.
- The ability to export data to different formats, e.g. HTML, XML, PDF, PST or Office 365.
- The ability to archive entire databases.
- The use of Archive Stubs to refer Notes and iNotes Clients to the archived document.
- Two-stage archiving, e.g. archiving from archives.
- Archive Housekeeping, such as automatic archive creation, rotation and expiry.
- Archive Timing functions, so you don't over-run your archiving window.
- The ability to archive duplicated mail documents.
- The ability to compress attachments during archiving.
- The ability to archive different documents to different databases, e.g. all documents in 'ACME' folders into the 'ACME Project' archive.
- The ability to archive custom applications.
- Flexibility options, e.g. the ability to protect certain documents, synchronise documents (such as lookup documents), set fields on documents during archiving, run custom agents before/after archiving and restoring, or before/after creating archives etc.
- Allows Users to easily find and use natively archived data, via Notes or iNotes, saving them time.
- Allows Administrators to manage the archiving environment, performing common tasks and migrating local archives.
- Adds Discovery Search functionality to your Mail & Archive environment.
- Gives Management visibility to archiving effectiveness via Reporting.
- Allows native archiving of Mail-In Databases.
- Builds on Native Archiving functionality.
- Blends seamlessly into your Notes/Domino environment.