Further information about various aspects of the Archiver for Notes. If you require additional information on any point, please contact us
- Quick implementation and low cost.
- Performance improvements, reduced backup time and cheaper storage.
- Provides a structural, long-term data storage solution.
- Compliancy with legal data storage requirements.
- Data Liability improvements, via managing user data centrally.
- Flexible archiving criteria.
- Archive Mail, Applications and IBM Quickr.
- End users not impacted by missing data or functionality, even via iNotes.
- Easy to search & use archived data.
- Easy to restore data.
- DAOS Compliant.
- Service improvement for users, with Mail Quota's no longer being necessary.
Because the Archiver is based on 100% native Notes technologies, it doesn't limit your choice of any other products, now or in the future. So if you want to implement a Search, Backup or ECM solution at some point in the future, that product will be working on Notes documents in Notes databases, not running into data stored in proprietary information silos.
The Archiver for Notes is an excellent solution for any sized Notes environment. It contains multiple features to automate and manage archiving large numbers of databases (Profiles, Automatic Database Setup, ACL Synchronisation etc), while its use of individual archive databases allows "per-database" control and flexibility (such as when a user moves to another location, or wants to take archived data offline). And archiving up to 20 databases simultaneously, it's limited only by the topology and hardware used. For more information, please see our features matrix.
Our goal is to provide automated archiving for Administrators, and transparent archiving for Users.
|Compliance (Journal) Archiving|
Many organizations lack the resources to store their mail and data for the legally required timeframe, and so data storage compliancy is not easily achieved.
This problem is easily solved with the Archiver Compliancy Solution, where the Archiver for Notes is combined with activating Mail Journaling on Domino servers. Please click here for more information.
Using the IONET Archiver for Notes, Administrators have the ability to archive specific Quickr Documents, Folders, Rooms or Places, or the entire Quickr server. The Administrator can link the original documents to the archived Quickr documents, automatically process new Places/Rooms/Forms/Placebots etc, and all with a single Profile document.
For more information, please see our Quickr Page.
|Custom Application Archiving|
The IONET Archiver for Notes doesn't just archive Notes Mail and Quickr, it can also archive any other Notes Application. Options available for archiving custom applications include the ability to copy/synchronise documents rather than archiving them (for example lookup documents), set the size of stub fields (so custom fields can be retained for views), and run your own extension agents before and after archiving documents, before and after restoring documents, and after creating or expiring Archive databases.
For more information on archiving custom applications, please see this document, or contact us.
The Archiver price is determined by the number of people using a database being archived.
There are four Licensing options:
- License per user/database, per year, including maintenance, bugfixes and support for the first year. For further years, maintenance is optional at 20% of the license price.
- License per user/database, per month. The monthly license price includes maintenance, new releases, bugfixes and support. For example you can use the Archiver for only three months, then stop. Users will not notice any change and can still access the archived data as before.
- Compliance License. Archive Mail Jounals only, including maintenance, bugfixes and support for one year. For further years, maintenance is optional at 20% of the license price.
- Enterprise License. One License fee for the entire organisation, allowing an unlimited amount of Mail, Applications and Quickr Places to be archived, including maintenance, bugfixes and support for one year. For further years, maintenance is optional at 20% of the license price.
An Architectural firm specialising in road and water engineering.
The Archiver was implemented in two days, after which all archiving continued automatically. The successful completion of the project took two months. The company did not need to extend their SAN with extra storage capacity, the full backup window of the production environment was shortened by 150 percent and there is sufficient SAN storage capacity available for growth in the future. The customer is very happy with the sophisticated search functionality, and the flexibility of the archiving solution meets all of their requirements.
- The company has 1,600 mail databases and total mail storage of 750GB.
- The Archiver was used to archive 500GB to an archive server, approximately two-thirds of all the mail files.
A Banking Organisation has the following environment:
Backup of the archive servers takes three days. The storage capacity of the archive environment is limited, and extension is no longer an option.
- 19 clustered Domino Mail servers.
- Native archiving is enabled for users in the environment, with Mail data archived to two Domino archive servers with 5TB and 10TB storage capacity respectively.
The Archiver was configured to archive a majority (all mail older than 200 days) of the native archives to a new archive server. Stubs were added to the native archive databases to link to the data in the new archive system, with users being unaware of this. The native archive environment appeared to be the same, with all archived mail 'visible' at the same location. This archive action is performed twice a year with users having reader access to the new archives - meaning the data does not change after archiving and older archives can be stored on tape.